How to measure
- To work out the area of floor required you first need to draw a rough sketch of your room then divide your room into rectangles shown by the dotted lines.
- Now measure in meters the length and the width of each the rectangles shown as A,B and C and D. These figures should then be multiplied together A x B and C x D.
- The bay windows area can be calculated by creating the box shown and the Subsequent lengths E and F multiplied together will give you the area of the bay window.
- Adding all of the multiplications up will give you the total area of the room in square meters (m²).
- The total area of the room should then be multiplied by 1.1 which will give you: the area of wood flooring required in m² plus 10% extra flooring to allow for cuts and the discard of defect boards.